Posts Tagged ‘sarcasm’
It’s the 40th anniversary of Earth Day! While we’re still waiting on the official creation of the Human Day holiday, we at AMG Creative figured this would be the perfect time to update our “how to be green” list. Here are parts one and two. Leave a comment below or post your own “green” tip on our Facebook page. Have a Gaia day!
1. We removed the 21st-century style plumbing from our building – too much wasted water.
2. This spring, we decided to start our own organic produce garden in the side lawn. Guess where the fertilizer comes from?
3. We changed our office hours: AMG is now open 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Hey, leaving lights on for eight hours a day uses a lot of energy!
4. Our newest designer, Mike Tallman, is a real, live hippie because a) he drives a Subaru and b) he’s in a band that plays crunchy grooves.
5. This year, the entire AMG Creative team is scheduled to attend Danny Glover’s environmental cause-and-effect symposium. Here’s a sneak preview.
6. Terry’s head is now being used as a type of solar panel. It works surprisingly well.
7. We shoot and eat the resident pigeons for two reasons. a) When they defecate, they emit carbon and methane. b) This is our way of consuming locally-grown food.
8. Each month, we make a donation to the Climate Research Unit at East Anglia University. Keep up the good work, boys!
9. In our super-secret R&D laboratory, we’re developing a fart trap – ala the ghost trap in the Ghost Busters movies. Mike Lindau, one of our designers, served as inspiration for the contraption. We’re calling it the Flatutrap. “The Flatutrap. Because CO2 stinks!”
10. We are starting a petition to get Congress to officially recognize the term “carbon fingerprint” instead of “carbon footprint” because fingerprints are smaller.