COVID-19 Financial Resource
As appointments begin to slow and many practices move to an emergency-only status, maintaining a steady revenue flow will be impossible. While some businesses will need to furlough or lay-off employees, that should be the last resort. There is a resource available to dental laboratories that will help provide for you and your team during this crisis.
The CARES Act
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act was signed into law on March 27, 2020. This new piece of legislature has allowed $349 billion to be funneled to the Small Business Administration to be given out as 7(a) loans to qualifying businesses.
Do you qualify?
- 500 or fewer employees.
- Operating on February 15, 2020 with active salaried employees
What will you receive?
- 2.5 times average payroll costs.
Payroll costs are considered to be the following: employee salaries, wages, commissions up to $100,000/year or $8,333.33/month. Vacation, parental, family, medical, or sick leave. Severance. Group health insurance. Retirement plan contributions. State and local taxes.
How do you apply?
- Apply through your bank or credit union where your business banking account is located.
- You must include documentation for things such as employee wages, PTO, sick or family leave, 1099s, health insurance premiums, retirement plan funding.
When will you receive the loan?
- According to Treasury Secretary, the loans should begin to be disbursed around April 3, 2020.
- The bank through which you take the loan will issue the terms of repayment. Deferment is estimated to be as little as 6 months or as much as a year.
- Loan forgiveness is eligible for the equal sum of the employer’s payroll costs, interest accrued prior to 2/15/2020, rent, and utilities that occur during the eight-week period after receiving the loan.
For continuous updates on the COVID-19 situation, as well as additional financial resources, we recommend periodically checking ada.org.
For a comprehensive overview of the Coronavirus situation, Henry Schein® offers a variety of resources on their website.